25th Home Tour, 2002

302 Oak

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

This Italianate house at 302 Oak Street was built around 1858 as a simple one and-a-half-story farmhouse. Depot Town saloonkeeper George Cady and his wife, Emma, were the first owners of record. By 1880 the...

Learn More

402 East Cross

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

Built about 1859 as a single-family residence, the Italianate home at 402 East Cross was converted to a duplex in 1937 and purchased by the affluent McHenry family to serve as their summer home. They also...

Learn More

210 West Cross

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

Cross Street Village Cross Street Village, formerly Old Ypsilanti High School, was designed by Ypsilanti architect R. S. Gerganoff. The neoclassical building was constructed in three stages. The 1917...

Learn More

126 West Michigan Avenue

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

Located in the heart of downtown Ypsilanti, 126 West Michigan Avenue has been in Joseph Lawrence’s family since 1854. According to historical records, this three-story High Victorian commercial building was...

Learn More

1307 Westmoorland Drive

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

This delightful Cape Cod house in the Normal Park neighborhood is the work of two well-known Ypsilanti architects: Ward Swarts, who designed the house in 1939, and Zack Gerganoff, who designed an addition in...

Learn More