Through its numerous yearly activities the YHF educates the community about the philosophy and purpose of historic preservation and encourages public and private preservation efforts in the city.
The YHF -
- publishes a bimonthly newsletter
- hosts an informative public program on preservation or historical topics in September, November, January, and March
- presents preservation awards to local homeowners at its Marker Awards Banquet every May
- sponsors a popular annual historic home tour in August
- and makes financial contributions to local preservation projects.