Posts Tagged "Italianate"

214 North Huron Street Comments Off on 214 North Huron Street

214 North Huron Street

Posted by on Jul 17, 2012 in 35th Home Tour, 2012

  This stately Italianate house was built between 1851, when the property was deeded to grocer Frederick Andrews, and 1856, when it first appeared on the city map. It retains its characteristic...

Learn More

108 North Huron

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 26th Home Tour, 2003

The lovely brick Italianate house at 108 North Huron was built in the 1850s. William B. Clarke bought the house in 1860. The Clarke family and their descendants lived there until 1934, when the house was sold...

Learn More

318 West Forest

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 26th Home Tour, 2003

The exterior of this lovely Italianate house, probably built in 1876, has been painted a cheerful yellow. Passersby are drawn to the house—which looks both imposing and approachable—by its stately style and...

Learn More

302 Oak

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

This Italianate house at 302 Oak Street was built around 1858 as a simple one and-a-half-story farmhouse. Depot Town saloonkeeper George Cady and his wife, Emma, were the first owners of record. By 1880 the...

Learn More

402 East Cross

Posted by on Sep 6, 2011 in 25th Home Tour, 2002

Built about 1859 as a single-family residence, the Italianate home at 402 East Cross was converted to a duplex in 1937 and purchased by the affluent McHenry family to serve as their summer home. They also...

Learn More